During my quest to have a fit body, I’ve read countless self-help books. I read them because I want to uncover the psychological working of highly successful people.
One of the books I’ve read is Stephen Covey’s iconic book called the “7 Habits of Highly Successful People”. This book outlines habits that successful people have.
In this article, I will somehow correlate some of the principles I’ve found in the book and relate it to fitness.
I’ve found that these principles will help people who are overweight and wants to be fit and for just about any person who wants to be fit all together.
Without further ado, here are the 5 habits of successfully fit people:
- Be Proactive. This I think should be the centerpiece of the article. Most people just react and not act. They react negatively because their bodies have become so fat, yet they do not do something about it. If this sounds like you, you have to stop negatively reacting to your overweight issue and start doing things that can better yourself, in this case, lose weight. Being proactive is a habit that you must have in order generic cialis to be successful not only in fitness but also in real life.
- Envisioning the End Goal. Another habit of successfully fit people is having a vision of their end goal. If you want to have a fit body or if you want to have a bodybuilder’s body like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s, envision that body and make that as your end goal. By doing so, your mind will then focus on the things that you should do in order to achieve it.
- Prioritize the most Important Things. We live in a world where there are a lot of things that vie for our attention. Work, Kids, Family, you name it, there is always something that needs your attention. But, if you want to be fit, you need to learn how to prioritize. I know that work and family should be prioritized, but if you just want to watch a certain TV show, is that more important than your health?
- Ditch the Win/Lose mentality. The Win/Lose mentality is glorified in today’s world. If you’re in a competitive sport, for example, a person dons a win/lose mindset because that is just the nature of it. But, when you’re trying to be fit, you should not have this mindset at all. Certain win/lose situations like not being able to reach your desired weight at a certain period of time, that is a loss but that shouldn’t be something you should be preoccupied about. Instead, think of it as a win/win in a sense that although you did not reach your desired weight goal, you still lost weight. Think of your road to fitness as a win/win and not a win/lose scenario.
- Be Consistent. And to close this article off, you need to have a habit of consistency. Fitness, for me and many others, is a way of life. If you’re not consistent, you will fall into a trap of regaining your lost weight. Be consistent and I promise you, you will get continuous positive results.